So here it is!
* We are already $5 toward our Thursday episode of the serial! Another $10 or two reviews will get us that bonus. Tuesday’s is free, of course, and goes up in the morning as usual.
* The Even the Wingless audiobook should be hitting retail today, if ACX is right. Jim poured his heart into this one and it is incredible, but be advised that the subject matter is far harder to listen to than it is to read.
* The Pearl in the Void proof is on its way to me now. I hope to have the print edition on sale by first week of September, and am starting on Bloom now. Shell will be the last to be adjusted; in addition to the cover, I’ll be refreshing the interior design. If you like the existing Dlane at Dusk cover, buy the book now! I also have a couple of copies in my house; I am thinking of auctioning those off with lots of doodles by me on the inside.
* I will be seeking first readers for Rose Point by the second week of September. More on that as I get closer to the end of the book. It’s 370 pages and into its climax/denouement, so not long now. Less than a week, maybe even a matter of days before I finish it up.
* Alysha’s Fall is still waiting on its illustrations! More on that as I hear about it.
* Finally, I woke up to this splendid comment:
Hello, I first have to thank Cracked for finding your writing, and as a WH 40k fan, I have to say sorry you had to go thought the BS you did. I found your take on space marines to be an interesting change to the grimdark of the 40k universe. Well reading Spots I kept thinking to myself “were were you deployed?” I was honestly shocked when I found out you were a civilian. Your portrayal of deployment and the way the military works is on par with Ringo, or Williamson. Spots reminded me of a women I knew in tech training for the Air Force, and your portrayal of what it can be like on a deployment is spot (no pun interred)on. I am impressed both by your writing and the work you put into researching military life, and am looking forward to reading more of your work.
I just wanted to say: I read a lot of books to research Spots, but I honestly believe the human touch made a big difference in the believability of the work. So to all my military advisors…thank you again, for answering all my many questions. :)
Also: WHOO! *snoopydance* GO ME!
Ahem. *brushes self off* Carry on. >.>
And that’s all, and probably enough!
Mirrored from MCAH Online.